This fundraiser, formerly called the “LAF Basket/Purses Fundraiser “has become a fun tradition at the convention, providing a social venue, friendly competition, and an opportunity to raise funds to further AAUW’s Mission of promoting equity for women and girls. Baskets, purses and other items will be auctioned or raffled as they were last year. Branches may submit up to three things and decide whether to auction or raffle each. This year your branch may also choose the AAUW Fund to which it wishes to donate the money raised at this event. See the AAUW Funds page for ideas.
The rules to participate are simple:
- Each branch may enter up to 3 items (purse, basket, or something else).
- Prior information is necessary for entry:
- how many items to be entered
- whether each is a basket, purse or something else
- the title of each
- if it will be auctioned or raffled
- to which Fund the money raised should go
Information should be sent to Nancy Mion by the deadline: FRIDAY MARCH 24, 2017.
- A 4”x6” card should be attached to each item giving the title, a brief description, the contents if any, the name of the contributing branch, and whether the item will be raffled or auctioned.
- All items must be in the Baskets/Purses Display Room by 5 PM Friday, April 21, 2017.
Drawing tickets for raffled items will be available in the Baskets/Purses Display Room at a cost of $10 for 2 tickets. The minimum starting bid for an auctioned item will be $20, with minimum increments of $5. The winners of auctioned items will pay at pickup time, cash or check – check preferred. The money made by each item will be credited to the branch that contributed the item. The Baskets/Purses Display Room hours for viewing items and bidding on Friday and Saturday will be provided in the convention schedule.
The winners can pick up the items during Sunday breakfast. All items must be picked up by 10 AM on Sunday, April 23, 2017.
We look forward to your entries, and to a fun event!
To enter and for questions, please contact: Nancy Mion, AAUW-NYS Development VP
Email: email@example.com, Phone: 631-472-9377
Address: 220 Paulanna Avenue, Bayport, NY 11705