Watch for details on our upcoming 2018 Convention, April 20-22 at the Radisson Hotel in Corning. Plan to take time to see the Corning Museum of Glass and the Rockwell Museum (a Smithsonian affiliate.)
Our 2017 convention was held April 21-23 at the Doubletree in Syracuse.
The schedule for 2017 is now available HERE.
- Click HERE to learn about our speakers.
- Click HERE for more details on the workshops.
- Click HERE for details on the Friday afternoon excursion to the Matilda Joslyn Gage Foundation and the Stickley Museum. HERE are the directions for the afternoon.
- See the Governance page for business meeting agenda items and the Elections page for information on the nominees for state offices for 2017-19.
Here are all the forms you need to register for everything!
- Registration for the convention
- Registration for the hotel package
Please note that the hotel will allow three or four people in a room, with the following prices:
Triple per person taxable: $ 279.20 or tax exempt: $ 254.47 pp
Quad per person taxable: $254.53 or tax exempt $232.64 pp
You will need to make sure that meals are chosen for everyone.
- Advertising in the convention program book - deadline Friday, Feb 24, 2017
- Request space for a branch display
- Submit information about your branch Fund baskets/purses, etc.
- Sign up for the talent show fundraiser!
- Learn about the SWIM for the AAUW Fund.
- Emerging Leaders - nominate a member from your branch to be honored at the state convention - deadline Wednesday, Feb 15, 2017
- Program award - submit a program your branch has held, to be featured at the state convention - deadline Wednesday, Feb 15, 2017.
- AAUW Fund Branch honorees - names of people or groups to be honored at the AAUW-NYS convention. One person may be honored for every $500 donated to the Educational Opportunities Funds by the branch.
At the convention, members who have passed away in the past year are remembered in an "In Memoriam" at one of the meals. Please send the names of any such members, along with a BRIEF descriptive paragraph, to Betty Harrel, Administrative Director, by the end of March.
And HERE's the general information that will be mailed to all the branch presidents.
Want to help with the convention? Here's the manual with the job descriptions - just contact the convention chair, NYS president, or NYS Program VP to volunteer!
AAUW-NYS Conventions are held annually in the spring. There is a full weekend of programs and business, plus fun! Here are some of the pictures from the 2016 convention in Saratoga Springs.