A donation to the AAUW Fund
could be used by any of these Programs
AAUW Fund Names and Numbers by Program Area
9110 — The AAUW Fund goes to where the need is greatest. Unrestricted gifts to this fund support existing programs and give AAUW the dexterity to act quickly and responsibly in the wake of any new challenges facing women and girls.
4339 — The Leadership Programs Fund supports programs that develop women’s potential to lead in their schools, communities, and country. It supports all the following tax-deductible programs:
- 2505 — National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL) attendees develop their leadership skills, networks, and ambition at this three-day conference held annually in the Washington, D.C., area. Donations to this fund provide financial assistance to young women who would be otherwise unable to attend the conference.
- 2515 — Campus Action Projects award grants to campus leaders who deliver programs guided by AAUW research to address a gender-based issue in their campus communities.
- 2522 — Elect Her teaches young women leaders to run for student government and future office. This program has increased the number of women running for and winning campus positions.
- 4338 — Start Smart. These salary negotiation workshops provide college women who are approaching the job market with the knowledge and skills to negotiate salaries and benefits.
4336 — The Educational Opportunities Fund supports educational and lifelong learning opportunities that give women a chance for a lifetime of success. Donations to this fund support the following tax-deductible programs:
- Fellowships and Grants. To support a specific named fellowship or grant, refer to our directory by clicking HERE for the appropriate fund name and number
- 4371 — Tech Trek educates and inspires rising eighth-grade girls across the country in science, technology, engineering, and math through weeklong camps.
9170 — The Eleanor Roosevelt Fund supports AAUW research to provide analysis, data, and accurate information about issues that are important to women and girls. Past reports include Barriers and Bias: (2916)Solving the Equation: The Variables for Women’s Success in Engineering and Computing (2015) and Graduating to a Pay Gap: The Earnings of Women and Men One Year after College Graduation (2012).
3999 — The Legacy Advocacy Fund supports the protection of the legal rights of those who are facing sex discrimination. Donations to this fund support the following tax-deductible programs:
- 9310 — Case support protects LAF plaintiffs by supporting workplace sex discrimination cases.
- 3072 — Travel and Education Grants inform AAUW members through educational programs delivered by LAF plaintiffs and lawyers about legal rights.
- 3500 — Campus Outreach Projects protect college students from discrimination, harassment, and assault through on-campus program grants.
- 3086 — Evvie Currie Giving Circle Campus Outreach Projects for use within NYS Only
4337 — The Public Policy Fund supports advocacy for public policies and laws that are fair to women.
2011 — The AAUW Action Fund advances equity for women and girls through member activism and voter mobilization. These donations are not tax deductible.
Funds sponsored by entities within NYS are listed below. The ones marked "completed" are actively giving awards to American and International Fellows as well as Research and Projects grants to individuals and branches. Click on the chart for a full-page view.