AAUW-NYS Speakers' Bureau
NYS Board members, Association committee members or officers, and UN representatives (Leaders-on-Loan) are available to speak with your branch. Each branch is entitled to a visit from the NYS president plus one visit per year from another leader. If you would like to have a "Leader on Loan" visit your branch, please contact the NYS president.
All AAUW New York State Board Members may be invited to give a talk at a branch or district event in the state. An invited speaker from the AAUW-NYS Board is called a “Leader on Loan”. Some off-board members may also serve as Leaders on Loan and are included in this list. Typically, a Board member is invited to talk on a topic in line with the position she is currently holding on the State Board. Some Board members have also expressed a willingness to speak on additional topics they have an expertise in. Those topics are listed below. A New York State Board member not explicitly listed below may also be invited as a Leader on Loan.
- Roli Wendorf, President: AAUW New York State, Start Smart/Work Smart, STEM programs
- Geeta Desai, Program VP: AAUW programs, women's rights, education, refugee rights, globalization, UN and its agencies
- Nancy Mion, Development VP: AAUW Funds, fundraising
- Gabriela Hoover, Cultural/International Director: Cultural/international women's issues, educating girls to promote change
- Laurie Eikemeyer, Focus Director: Newsletters
- Jane Pendergast, College/University Director: Organizing C/U partnerships, student organizations, StartSmart/WorkSmart, advocacy process for current issues
- Donna Seymour, off-board Public Policy Liaison: Public policy, the work of the APPC, Title IX, women's economic issues, Get out the Vote and voting, and suffrage