There are several changes proposed for the governance of AAUW-NYS. These will be voted on at the 2017 spring convention. As the documents are available, they will be posted here
Two types of Bylaws changes have been proposed. One is to remove some "procedural" sections and move them to the Working Rules. Bylaws should reflect policy, not procedure. Other recommendations are for wording or actual policy changes. For both types, the board has approved/recommended the changes but they must be approved by the general AAUW-NYS membership.
- Proposal of sections of the bylaws which would be moved to the working rules, nominating handbook, position descriptions or other documents which may be amended by the board as needed
- Proposed Bylaws changes. These are actual changes to policy
The current working documents of AAUW-NYS are listed here. They may be used as models for branches and as reference.
- Working Rules
- Nominating Handbook
- AAUW-NYS Position Descriptions
- Resolutions Process
- Convention Job Descriptions
- Whistleblower Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy